The SHRM Foundation is developing resources and tools to help HR professionals hire and retain military veterans.
We invite you to join us for three events: a kick-off brunch, a day-long veteran event to learn best practices, and a 24-hour Step Challenge.
The Veterans at Work Certificate requires the completion of five tasks (see "Application" section), consisting of two surveys, two learning segments, and a short quiz. You must complete all tasks satisfactorily to earn the certificate as well as to earn recertification credits if you already hold a SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. Note that you do not need to hold any other SHRM credential to earn your Veterans at Work Certificate.
Here is an overview of the steps you’ll need to complete for this program:
Approximate Time Commitment
Ready to earn your Veterans at Work Certificate?
The learning segments of this program include:
SHRM Foundation's guidebook: The Recruitment, Hiring, Retention & Engagement of Military Veterans. This guidebook serves as the cornerstone of the certificate program. After reading the guidebook, you must pass a 15-question quiz, for which you have unlimited attempts.
Courses from the PsychArmor Institute. The SHRM Foundation has partnered with the PsychArmor Institute to bring you their School for Employers Who Invest in Military Talent. Over a hundred courses are available to supplement your learning, and just 11 short courses are required to earn this certificate. The average duration of the courses is 18 minutes, and the range is 8 to 48 minutes. We will send you instructions for accessing the required courses once you complete the Current Practices Survey.
Some, but not all, of the courses require short, easy quizzes at the end. You have unlimited attempts to pass them, and the SHRM Foundation has access to a dashboard to verify your participation in these courses.
We require that you complete the application process in the following order:
1. Complete the initial registration. We will place you on a mailing list to receive instructions for completing each of the requirements.
2. Complete the Current Practices Survey. We will send you a link to the survey once you complete Step 1, your registration.
3. Complete the learning requirements, which are in three parts:
a. Read the guidebook,
b. Pass the guidebook quiz (you will have unlimited attempts),
c. Complete the PsychArmor Courses.
We will send you links to each of the above resources after you complete the Current Practices Survey.
4. Complete the Future Practices Survey.
5. Apply for your certificate. Once we receive your application, we will begin verifying your satisfactory completion of all of the above requirements. Verification takes up to 4 weeks, depending on the volume of applications we have received to-date. When we determine that you have completed the requirements, we will email you an electronic version of your certificate. We will also mail a printed certificate suitable for framing to the first 10,000 certificate holders.
We are here to help with any questions you might have. Please contact us at email@example.com.
This program is made possible thanks to the generous sponsorship from Comcast NBCUniversal
You have successfully saved this page as a bookmark.
Please confirm that you want to proceed with deleting bookmark.
You have successfully removed bookmark.
Please log in as a SHRM member before saving bookmarks.
Your session has expired. Please log in as a SHRM member.
Please purchase a SHRM membership before saving bookmarks.
An error has occurred
THANK YOU for signing up to receive our monthly newsletter!
You'll receive information about upcoming scholarship deadlines, new initiatives and ways you can become a champion of our initiatives!
Action couldn't be completed due to an error.
Please try again later or contact administrator.