SHRM's Public Policy Webcast Series
Clearing the Confusion:
What You Need to Know NOW about the Affordable Care Act
Presenter: Sheldon Blumling, partner, Fisher & Phillips LLP
Thursday, Oct. 10, 2 p.m. ET || 11 a.m. PT
Recertification hours*: 1.5
Program length: 90 minutes
SHRM members: $99;
Nonmembers: $139 - Register now
or JOIN SHRM and SAVE!
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) is over three years old now, and employers and employees alike are still confused about it. The federal government has been issuing regulations at a staggering pace. The recent decision by the Obama administration to delay the large employer mandate muddied matters further.
You can't afford to be confused: PPACA implementation is happening now. Critical decisions need to be made in the coming months, and your organization is relying on you for clear information.
In this program, Sheldon Blumling of the law firm Fisher & Phillips will fill you in on the latest legal developments and provide you with a roadmap of steps you need to take now and in the coming months. Among the topics to be covered:
- Ongoing notice and disclosure obligations.
- Preparing for future IRS reporting requirements.
- Healthcare Exchanges: What they are and how they may fit in with your company's coverage options.
- Preparing for the large employer mandate: Using the delay wisely to ensure your company is prepared.
- Preparing for other obligations that will become effective in the near future, including Automatic Enrollment and nondiscrimination requirements.
- What your company should be doing now to stay on top of Healthcare Reform "moving target."
This 90-minute session includes the answers to these questions and more, as well as a live Q&A session with audience members.
About the Presenter: Sheldon Blumling is a partner in the Irvine, California office of Fisher & Phillips LLP. A member of the firm's Employee Benefits Practice Group, Mr. Blumling advises clients with respect to all aspects of employee benefits, executive compensation and employment taxes. Since the passage of PPACA, Mr. Blumling has been one of the firm's primary experts advising clients on Healthcare Reform compliance and strategy issues.
SHRM members: $99; nonmembers: $139 - Register now
Viewing this entire presentation, either as a live event or archived, counts for 1.5 credit hours toward PHR/SPHR recertification from the Human Resource Certification Institute. Note: You are responsible for tracking your participation in this event.