Lori O. Carlson and Jennifer Pollino, CPA, have been named to the board of directors for the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the Society announced Jan. 29, 2013.
Carlson is chief financial officer of Rotary International in Evanston, Ill. Before joining Rotary in 2011, she was corporate vice president, business alignment and integration, at Hospira Inc. She also worked at Abbott Laboratories in Abbott Park, Ill., most recently as assistant treasurer, international operations. She has a master’s degree in business administration from Southern Methodist University and a bachelor’s degree from Wartburg College.
Pollino is the former executive vice president, human resources and communications, at Goodrich Corp. in Charlotte, N.C. She joined Goodrich in 1992 and served in a variety of roles through 2012, including president and general manager of the aircraft wheels and brakes division and vice president of finance for the safety systems division.
Before joining Goodrich, she was a field accounting officer for the Resolution Trust Corp. in Phoenix. Pollino has a bachelor’s degree in accounting at the University of Notre Dame, where she graduated manga cum laude, and is pursuing a master’s degree in executive coaching at Queens College of Charlotte.
“Lori Carlson and Jennifer Pollino are accomplished executives who bring a strong understanding of talent management and other critical organizational issues as well as accounting and financial expertise to the SHRM Board of Directors. We welcome them to a board dedicated to serving HR professionals,” said Bette Francis, SPHR, chair of the Board of Directors and vice president/director of human resources for Wilmington Trust Wealth Advisory Services in Wilmington, Del.
Pollino and Carlson fill vacant at-large seats. They will serve two-year terms on SHRM’s board, which sets broad policies and strategic direction and provides fiduciary oversight for the 260,000-member association.
Also serving on the 2013 board are:
- Jose Berrios, president, BTG: The Berrios Talent Group, LLC.
- Jeffrey M. Cava, executive vice president and chief human resources officer, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide Inc.
- Jorge Consuegra, partner, the Fearless Group.
- James A. Kaitz, president and CEO, Association for Financial Professionals.
- Gary P. Latham, Ph.D., professor of organizational behavior, Rotman School of Management, the University of Toronto.
- My-Chau Nguyen, CPA, senior vice president of customer relationship marketing, Sirius XM Radio.
- Virda M. Rhem, SPHR, director of human resources, Texas Property and Casualty Insurance Guaranty Association.
- Coretha M. Rushing, GPHR, senior vice president and chief human resources officer, Equifax Inc.
- Brian D. Silva, SPHR, GPHR, senior vice president of HR and administration, Fresenius Medical Care.
- José Tomas, SPHR, president of Latin America and Caribbean and global chief people officer, Burger King Corp.
- David Windley, former chief human resources officer, Yahoo!.
- Henry G. “Hank” Jackson, CPA, SHRM president and CEO.