SHRM Foundation Research Grants Awarded
2011/ 2010/ 2009/ 2008/ 2007/ 2006/ 2005
Long-Term Impact- view a spreadsheet listing articles and presentations resulting from Foundation-sponsored research since 1996.
2012 Total Funding Awarded: $643,593
2011 Total Funding Awarded: $408,214
- Best Places to Work: How “Making the List” Impacts the Strength and Sustainability of Subsequent Recruitment and Turnover Outcomes by Brian R. Dineen, Ph.D. and David Allen, Ph.D.
- Daily Fluctuations in Work Design: Impact on Employee Attitudes, Well-being, Emotions, Physical Health, and Performance by Adela Garza, Ph.D. and Fred Morgeson, Ph.D.
- Overqualification among Different Demographic Groups: Consequences and Moderators by Aleksandra Luksyte, Ph.D. and John Cordery, Ph.D.
- Organizational Safety Climate and Supervisor Safety Enforcement: Multi-level Explorations of the Causes of Accident Under-Reporting by Tahira M. Probst, Ph.D.
- Achieving Fairness When Treating Employees Differently: The Case of Idiosyncratic Deals (I-deals) by Sandy Wayne, Ph.D., Robert C. Liden, Ph.D., et al.
- Employment Opportunities for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities: Strategies for Human Resource Managers Interested in Expanding Integrated Employment Practices by Meredith Weiss, Ph.D. and Dana Hanson-Baldauf.
2010 Total Funding Awarded: $500,235
2009 Total Funding Awarded: $304,850
2008 Total Funding Awarded: $754,558
- Crossing Cultures: Unpacking the Expatriate Learning and Adjustment Process Over Time by Wanberg, Harrison, Zhu, & Waldera Completed 2011
- Dynamic Competencies and Performance in Global Leaders: Role of Personality and Developmental Experiences by Caligiuri & Tarique Completed 2011
- A Dynamic Social Capital Model of The Organizational Socialization Process by Duffy, Shaw and Fang Completed 2011
- Employee Engagement: A study of the link between performance management and employee engagement in multinational corporations in developed and developing economies by Farndale Completed 2011
- An Extended Model of Social Embeddedness: Applying Social Network Theory to Enrich Job Embeddedness Theory by Hom and Allen Completed 2012
HRM Strategies & Practices across Subsidiaries in Multinational Corporations from Emerging Economies: An Indian Perspective by Thite, Wilkinson, & Budhwar Completed 2011
- Intelligence Testing For Selection Without Adverse Impact: The Potential of Executive Attentional Controlby Allen and Bosco Completed 2010
- Managing multi-cultural teams: From a cross-cultural to a global perspectiveby Erez Completed 2011
- National values, human resource practices and organizational performance: A study across 21 countries by Fried and Peretz Completed 2009
- Retirement-eligible but not Retiring: A Longitudinal Study of the Organizational- and Job-related Factors Associated with the Retention of an Older Workforce by Bacharach Completed 2010
- Transfer of Training: A Meta-Analytic and Integrative Review by Blume, Ford, Baldwin, and Huang Completed 2010
- Work-Family Support Programs as a Strategic Human Resource Initiative: A Meta-Analysis of Effects on Organizational Outcomesby Casper and Butts Completed 2010
- Work-life Interference: Expanding our Measurement Conceptualization and Improving our Measurement by Ryan, Fandre, Oberlander, Sinha and Friede Completed 2010
2007 Total Funding Awarded: $566,658
- Age-Related Determinants of Retirement Planning and Turnover, Ruth Kanfer Completed 2010
- Diversity and Careers: An Examination of the Career Experiences, Processes and Outcomes of a Multicultural Workforce,
Karen S. Lyness and Belle Rose Ragins Completed 2010
- HR Professionals as Team Leaders: The Dimensions, Antecedents and Consequences of Team Resilience, Ben Rosen Completed 2010
- Institutional Compatibility and High-Commitment HR Practices in an Emerging Economy: A Study of MNC Affiliates in China, Yang Cao and Wei Zhao Completed 2009
- Leadership Development Through Experience: Understanding The Role Of Critical Reflection And Impact On Human Resource Management Practices, D. Scott DeRue, John R. Hollenbeck, Jennifer D. Nahrgang Completed 2010
- Managing Global Talent: Solving the Spousal Adjustment Problem, Nina Cole Completed 2008
- Performance Appraisal Programs and Organizational Performance: The Contributing Effects of National Values and Organizational Characteristics Across 21 Countries, Yitzhak Fried and Hilla Peretz Completed 2008
- Workforce Policies and Practices to Promote Effective Engagement and Retention of the Aging American Workforce, Lisa Hisae Nishii, Susanne M. Bruyère Completed 2010
2006 Total Funding Awarded: $79,856
2005 Total Funding Awarded: $43,854