The SHRM Testing Center is designed for HR professionals who use tests and assessment products in their work. Since these instruments have differing qualifications for use, registered users are assigned a “User Qualification Level” based upon their education, training and experience.
About User Qualification Levels
While the SHRM Testing Center does distribute some Level D (Non-Controlled) instruments that are available without specific qualifications, most of the business and HR related products are Level C instruments.
Levels A and B are typically reserved for clinical instruments (though some personality and critical thinking tests are categorized as Level B by their publishers).
User Qualification Levels
Level D (Non-Controlled Instruments)
- Individuals with a demonstrated need for testing as part of their professional role (i.e., athletic coaches, trainers, motivational speakers) but without formal training
- Bachelor's degree in psychology or related discipline (i.e., counseling, education, human resources, nursing, organizational development, personnel, social work, training) & coursework in the use of test assessments; or
- Equivalent training under auspices of a reputable organization focused on test assessments; or
- Membership in a professional organization requiring training & experience in the use of tests or surveys; or
- Certification by an organization with similar proficiency requirements; or
- Demonstrated experience in use of test assessments as part of career professional role
- Graduate degree in psychology or related discipline; and
- Graduate-level coursework in Tests & Measurements; or
- Equivalent training under the auspices of a reputable organization specifically focused on Tests & Measurements
- Doctoral degree in psychology or a related discipline; or
- Professional licensure to practice psychology or related discipline independently