>> back to SHRM Executive HR Education
Business and Human Resources: Leading HR and Your Organization into the Future
Recertification Hours: 28.75
Approved for Business Management and Strategy Credit
Program fee includes accommodations, instruction materials and most meals (breakfast, lunch and one dinner) at UNC’s top-rated executive conference center (www.rizzoconferencecenter.com).
The business world is changing—globalization, economic downturns, demographic shifts, talent shortages, increasing regulation and new technologies—all leading to global business innovations that impact the workplace. Senior HR leaders need to understand how developments in the external environment will impact their organizations as they will be called upon to make human capital decisions that drive their organizations’ top and bottom lines.
The new economy is forcing senior HR leaders to redefine their roles in their organizations. Senior HR leaders will need to operate in strategy-setting roles that clearly demonstrate overall business contribution. Resources will continue to be limited, and senior HR leaders will need to know how to compete effectively for these limited resources.
This program will be delivered by an internationally-renowned business school faculty with global expertise in strategy, accounting, finance, operations, marketing and business innovation. By working with business faculty from outside the HR area, participants will see the "big picture" and discover new areas where they can provide expert advice to their business leaders.
You will learn how to:
- Work more effectively with their business leaders.
- Focus on what is important vs. what is urgent.
- Develop good ideas that will pay off for the firm.
- Frame ideas that will sell in the C-suite.
- Connect HR metrics with firm metrics that count.
- Increase HR’s relevance and influence in the firm.
- Reshape the HR function into a world-class service organization.
- A strategic action plan that can be implemented immediately upon returning to the office.
- An understanding of balance sheet and income statements.
- A framework to help you sell your ideas to your CEO and CFO.
- Network with other senior HR leaders to understand their strategic challenges.
- A safe environment to discuss pressing business issues and the opportunity to learn from your peers.
Faculty and Topics Typically Included in Program
- Linda Bowen, Ph.D., professor of accounting; teaches financial reporting and analysis for human resource management professionals in this program.
- Robert A. Connolly, Ph.D. associate professor of finance; covers the topic of evaluating business decisions and helps human resource managers learn how to make the most effective business case possible.
- Christian Lundblad, Ph.D., associate professor of finance; concentrates in the global economy and international finance.
- Atul Nerkar, Ph.D., professor of strategy and entrepreneurship; teaches corporate vision, strategy and performance.
Web site: www.execdev.unc.edu
October 28 - November 1, 2013
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Chapel Hill, N.C.
Please note that SHRM Executive Education pricing, dates and locations are subject to change.