Recertification Hours: 7
Examine critical areas of employment law in California in this concise and informative one-day program. Human resource professionals will learn about the legal issues that arise at every stage of the employment process, from pre-employment through separation. Key topics addressed include: employment applications and forms; interviewing; hiring; wage and hour rules; common labor code violations; workplace privacy; leave; and outsourcing.
This seminar is a unique opportunity to learn the fundamentals of base compensation with an emphasis on pay for performance, compensation philosophy, merit pay and examples of other practical compensation practices such as job descriptions, gathering external market data, establishing and administering pay plans and structure. It also provides an overview of federal and California compensation.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Gain a solid foundation of the critical issues that arise in California Employment law.
- Effectively apply knowledge of California law to pre-employment practices.
- Avoid common California Labor Code violations.
- Recognize workplace privacy issues and adhere to the California laws governing workplace privacy.
- Effectively manage:
- Leave from work issues by applying knowledge of California Statutory Leave Laws.
- California Fair Employment and Housing Act Disability issues.
- Employment matters including leave management and health insurance issues.
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Questions? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.