- 2–day Onsite Program
- Customizable Program
- Public Seminars
- Virtual Delivery Available in 2013
Recertification Hours: 14
The SHRM HR Generalist program offers a broad overview of HR delivered in an engaging, interactive and informative format. An industry expert will provide participants with comprehensive information on the HR generalist's core competencies using a variety of methods, including platform instruction, video, case studies and discussion groups. Each competency presented will provide participants with the definition, roles and responsibilities of the HR Generalist, the latest trends, useful metrics and relevant employment laws.
- To provide your HR staff with a clear understanding of the competencies of the HR Generalist
- Understand the trends, core competency content, metrics and legal issues associated with each competency
- Understand how the HR Generalist competencies impact your business
- Decide upon individual and organizational action plan steps to implement in your organization
- Review and use the tools listed in the reference section of each competency
- Developing a Generalist Perspective
- Staffing (Recruitment, Selection, Evaluation, Offer
- Human Resource Development (Orientation, Training, Development)
- Total Rewards (Compensation, Benefits
- Employee Relations (Performance Management, Employee Relations Challenges, Employee Engagement
Who Benefits From This Program?
- Ideal for generalists on your team with two to four years experience
- HR professionals looking for an overview or refresher course
- HR managers and directors looking for professional development opportunities for themselves and their staff
- HR managers in small organizations desiring a broader perspective
- HR professionals in need of a broad-based technical refresher
- HR specialists seeking generalist perspective or knowledge base for career advancement
- Business owners who need to understand the overall competencies under the HR umbrella
The SHRM HR Generalist program book is a tool kit divided into the HR Core Competencies, and each competency contains a list of learning objectives and an Action Plan Matrix for participants to list their personal and organizational goals. Extensive reference materials are included at the end of each topic, including relevant white papers and research analysis reports, applicable forms, checklists, samples, and detailed metric calculations. Each participant receives a Certificate of Achievement upon completion of the program.Contact us at OrgTraining@SHRM.org or 703-535-6496.
HR Generalist Training for Individuals!
Are you an individual looking for HR Generalist training? Please see our SHRM Seminar public offerings for more information.