Organizational Development and Effectiveness
Recertification Hours: 15
Highly valued HR leaders bring a systems perspective to the organization by identifying business performance barriers and opportunities, determining underlying causes, focusing on system impacts, clarifying potential consequences of various interventions, and implementing alternatives that provide long-term benefit. Key topics covered include systems thinking, organizational culture, change management, coaching, group dynamics, and aligning strategy, organizational design, performance management and rewards. This program uses an integrated case study, practice sessions, and exercises.
- Appreciate the scope and challenges of organizational development.
- Describe the organizational development process and a framework for applying interventions.
- Identify situations where an intervention is appropriate and what situations require a different approach.
- Apply a systems framework for assessing, diagnosing and identifying appropriate organizational development interventions (including change management, coaching, communication processes, group dynamics, performance management, systems integration and strategic goal alignment).
- Identify the need for a change management process and the key steps to support the organization in implementing change.