Recertification Hours: 2.5
(Approved for Strategic Business Management Credit)
To achieve a competitive advantage through diversity, senior leaders must involve themselves with the purpose, direction and scope of the organization’s diversity activities. A successful diversity strategy describes how diversity resources will be configured to support an organization’s strategic direction. Specifically, the strategy should address how diversity will be leveraged to meet the needs of markets, exploit or create new business opportunities, and fulfill stakeholder expectations. This module reviews the diversity strategic planning process and how to link diversity strategy to organizational and human-resources strategies.
This module consists of three topics:
- Understanding strategy
- Human capital analysis
- Diversity strategic planning
At the completion of this module, participants will be able to:
- Define corporate, business, and operational strategy
- Discuss how value is created in organizations
- Identify critical people issues in organizations
- Analyze an organization’s diversity strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
- Formulate diversity strategy
Designed for the mid- to senior-level diversity and inclusion/HR professional.