Business Management for HR: Understanding Business Operations
Recertification Hours: 15
Approved for Business Management and Strategy Credit
Effective HR leaders play a critical role in driving business results. This requires an understanding of key business functions and how they work together to achieve organizational goals; the skills to analyze and interpret reports and metrics for key functions; also the ability to implement strategic initiatives and gain buy-in from key stakeholders across the organization.
This program will focus on leadership skills for high-performing organizations, key business functions, typical business reports and how to analyze them, business process improvement as well as strategies to drive organizational results. The format includes practice sessions, exercises and mini case studies.
- Identify and coach for key leadership skills for high performance organizations.
- Appreciate the scope, challenges and integration of key business functions including operations, product development, marketing and sales, finance and IT, especially in a global business environment.
- Review and interpret typical operating reports for key business functions.
- Describe the value and use of business intelligence.
- Identify key steps in project management.
- Develop strategies to drive organizational results and clarify the role of HR.