The SHRM Essentials® of HR Management provides knowledge and skills you can use immediately. It addresses six key human resource management practices, which are compiled into one comprehensive course book for easy reference.
|Module One: Human Resource Management |
- Define human resource management.
- Explain the roles and responsibilities of human resource professionals.
- Explain and strengthen the alignment between strategic planning and HR planning.
|Module Two: Employment Law |
- Explain the key provisions of legislation that affects HR activities, including:
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Immigration Reform and Control Act
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- ...and more
- Explain the role of the EEOC.
- Describe the purpose of affirmative action.
|Module Three: Recruitment and Selection |
- Evaluate recruiting methods and their effectiveness.
- Analyze and evaluate job candidates.
- Recognize biases in the interview process and how to eliminate them.
- Explain the selection process and identify key selection tools.
|Module Four: Compensation and Benefits |
- Explain the basic elements of a total compensation system.
- Understand the role of base pay, incentives and differentials in employee compensation.
- Explain the four key steps of the compensation system design process.
- Provide an overview of benefits commonly offered by employers.
|Module Five: Employee Development |
- Understand the importance of learning styles and adult learning principles in development training.
- Identify on-the-job and off-the-job training strategies.
- Identify key professional development tools.
- Explain the four levels of evaluation.
|Module Six: Performance Management|
- Describe the performance evaluation process and systems.
- Identify common evaluation errors.
- Conduct effective disciplinary meetings.
- Identify legal issues to consider during employee terminations.