SHRM HRGAMES CODE OF SPORTSMANSHIP:
SHRM values good sportsmanship for team members, coaches, volunteers and spectators alike. We are committed to the following principles:
- The HRGames competition exists to promote human resource education, the value of the PHR certification exam, and interaction among students and professionals.
- Although winning is important, the primary objective of the games is to promote and showcase the educational development of our student members.
- Spectators and participants have a responsibility to practice good sportsmanship and to treat all competitors with respect and courtesy.
- Participants and spectators should recognize that game officials do their best to make unbiased, fair and rapid decisions. HRGames volunteers are donating their time and should always be treated with respect.
- Constructive feedback on competition questions or practices is welcomed after the event. We strive for continuous improvement of the games' format and questions.
- A true competitor is humble in victory and gracious in defeat.
HRGAMES ADVISOR/COACH CODE OF SPORTSMANSHIP:
I hereby pledge to provide positive support and encouragement to my HRGames team members by following this code of sportsmanship:
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by modeling respectful behavior and demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches and officials at every HRGames event or practice.
- I will place the educational development and emotional and physical well-being of my team ahead of any personal desire to win.
- I will understand that the competition questions were developed through hours of hard work by volunteers. If I want to recommend changes, I will provide specific and constructive feedback to HRGames officials in private, not during an active match.
- I will support the HRGames volunteers conducting the competition and help to provide a positive, enjoyable experience for all.
- I will remember that the outcome of the HRGames is determined in part by luck and is not necessarily a reflection of the quality of the college program or my personal teaching ability.
- I will remember that the game is for the students, not the advisors and coaches.
- I will help my team members to maintain self-control and accept the outcome of each match, whether they win or lose.
- I will remember that all participants are winners, regardless of the outcome of the matches and I will encourage my team to do their best.
- I will encourage my team to treat other players, coaches, fans and officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed or ability.
- I will do my very best to make the HRGames a positive, fun and educational experience for my team members.