When developing the conference curriculum, our goal is to provide a balanced program that meets the variety of skill levels and interest levels of the conference audience, presented by speakers of the highest quality who represent the diversity of the SHRM membership.
A NOTE CONCERNING HONORARIA
SHRM has a tradition of using educational conference sessions as a platform for innovation in the field of human resource management. We look for contributors who are willing to share their expertise without expectation of payment in the spirit of networking, a purpose for which the Society was founded.
CREATING A SPEAKER PROFILE
You must have a speaker profile on the website prior to submitting a proposal. If you have not previously created a speaker profile, click on the name of the conference (during the recruiting period for that conference) to create one. Your login credentials will be emailed upon completion of your profile.
THE PROPOSAL PROCESS IS CLOSED FOR ALL 2014 CONFERENCES. PLEASE CHECK BELOW FOR THE SCHEDULE FOR THE 2015 CONFERENCES
THE CALL FOR PRESENTATION SCHEDULE IS AS FOLLOWS:
SHRM Diversity & Inclusion Conference & Exposition - (Proposals accepted ONLY until February 15th at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time)
(Held in October)
The recruiting process runs from Late-October (the year before the conference) through February 15. Decisions are emailed to proposed speakers by April 30.
SHRM Employment Law & Legislative Conference NOW ACCEPTING PROPOSALS
(Held in March)
The recruiting process runs from February 28 through July 15 (the year before the conference). Decisions are emailed to proposed speakers by November 30.
SHRM Talent Management Conference & Exposition NOW ACCEPTING PROPOSALSThe recruiting process runs from February 28 through July 15 (the year before the conference). Decisions are emailed to proposed speakers by November 30.
(Held in April)
SHRM Annual Conference & Exposition NOW ACCEPTING PROPOSALSThe recruiting process runs from February 28 through July 15 (the year before the conference). Decisions are emailed to proposed speakers by December 15.
(Held in June)
PROOF OF PERFORMANCE IS REQUIRED FOR ALL SPEAKERS
SHRM strives to offer a balanced program of educational sessions and qualified speakers at our conferences. Proof of performance plays a strong role in the selection of proposals and is required to make the proposal complete.
The ONLY accepted forms of proof of performance are:
- Video Recordings of the proposed speaker presenting a session to an audience.
- A summary of evaluations from a program the speaker previously presented. Please do not send stacks of individual evaluations completed by the attendees. The programming committee needs to see the overall score of your session (average score from all who rated the speaker, not individual impressions).
DO NOT submit letters of recommendation, phone numbers, marketing brochures, audio recordings, interviews, books or articles. They DO NOT qualify as proof of performance. Because of the large number of proposals we receive and competition for a limited number of speaking slots is fierce, proposals sent without proof of performance are incomplete and will not be considered as part of the selection pool.
Proof of performance files can be uploaded to your proposal under the section called “Supporting Files”.
It is recommended you begin securing the approved proof of performance now so you are able to submit a complete proposal by the deadline.
OUR MUTUAL COMMITMENT
We expect presenters:
To acknowledge they are available to speak during any timeframe of the conference and as such will not request a change to the session time frame assigned if selected.
- To work closely with conference organizers before the conference and meet all deadlines;
- To make no substantial changes in content, format, audio/visual needs, room set-up, identity or number of presenters without prior approval of conference organizers.
- To design and provide high-quality PowerPoint presentations, in electronic format, by the deadline given;
- To give SHRM permission to audio record the session for the purpose of selling or otherwise using the recording at a later time; and agree that SHRM shall be the exclusive owner of such recording.
- To give SHRM permission to synch the onsite slides with the audio recording for sale or other use in any SHRM products in any media.
- To recognize that a conference presentation is an opportunity to share information and is not a showcase for promotion of business, practice, service or product;
- To respect SHRM as the sponsoring organization with either positive or neutral comments from the platform; and
- To be available for press interviews. (Please try to accommodate press for interviews and quotes. Please remember that members of the press may be attending your session.)
In Return, SHRM® will:
- Provide you with your evaluation scores after the conference.
- Reimburse expenses (e.g., coach-fare air transportation, meals and SHRM-approved lodging on presentation days). Please note that SHRM does not reimburse expenses for a co-presenter.
- Provide a complimentary registration for the conference, including admission to the exposition, educational programs and social events. Pre-Conference Workshops and Certificate Programs are the exceptions.
- Grant you valuable professional exposure.
If you have questions after reading all the information provided, you can email email@example.com