SHRM affiliates have a long-standing practice of sharing their experiences with other chapters and state councils. This collegial effort has been appreciated over the years as the sharing has resulted in successful initiatives being replicated to the benefit of the HR community, states and local communities.
It is SHRM's pleasure to provide this "one stop" center where chapters and state councils may share their successful practices with others. The initiatives listed below span a variety of subject matters. The tools, resources and, in some cases, complete "how to" manuals have been submitted by the affiliates for the purpose of sharing more indepth information about their initiatives and experiences.
To learn about each initiative, please click on its name. Each page includes the web address of that affiliate for easy contact.
The collection will change frequently as more initiatives are added. If your affiliate has an initiative and materials that you would like to share, please contact us at Enterprising.Leadership@shrm.org.
Leadership | Operations | Workforce Readiness | Veterans/Military
SHAPE Idea Center | Enterprising Leadership Book
- The Tonya Thomas Story - Space Coast HR Association, Cape Canaveral, Florida
- Where the Conversation Begins: Meeting the Unique Needs of the HR Executive - HR Florida State Council Inc.
- Legislation at Work (LAW) - The Human Resource Association of the Midlands, Omaha, Nebraska
- HR Makes a Difference -- Ohio State Council SHRM
- Preserving Human Capital - Savannah Area SHRM, Savannah, Georgia
- Managers Seminar -- West Central Arkansas SHRM, Hot Spring, Arkansas
- The ROI of Volunteering - Garden State Council-SHRM
- KS-SHRM 2010 Election Committee - Kansas State Council
- A Seat at the Table: HR's Role in the Hon. Mitch Landrieu's Mayoral Transition - Human Resources Management Association of Greater New Orleans, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Coping with Community Tragedy - Workplace Violence - Salina Human Resource Management Association, Salina, Kansas
- One Day to Make a Difference - Wisconsin State Council SHRM
- Future Project Story - Michiana SHRM, South Bend, Indiana
- HR-PRO: HR - Providing Resources to Organizations - Human Resources Association of New York (HR/NY), New York, New York
- Stepping Stones to Enhanced Leadership (Succession Planning) - Austin Human Resource Management Association, Austin, Texas
- NOVA/Dulles SHRM Mentoring Program - Northern Virginia SHRM, Falls Church, Virginia and Dulles SHRM, Herndon, Virginia
- HR on Call - A Resource for a Community in Transition - Raleigh-Wake Human Resource Management Association, Raleigh, North Carolina and Triangle SHRM, Durham, North Carolina
- Best Practices in Planning Your Leadership Conference - HR Florida
- St. Tammany Parish Drug Court Participant Mentoring and Education Program - Northshore Region Human Resource Association
- Youth Outreach Programs -- SHRM-Atlanta, Atlanta, Georgia
- SCIHRA Intern Institute -- South Central Indiana Human Resource Association, Bloomington, Indiana
- 100 Jobs for 100 Kids -- Yakima Valley Human Resource Association, Yakima, Washington
- SKILLZ DRILLZ- Mississippi State Council
- A Partnership With A Passion: CSRA SHRM and Augusta Judicial Circuit Drug Court- Central Savannah River Area SHRM, Augusta, Georgia
- T.A.R.G.E.T. - Tutoring and Removing Gaps in Education for Tomorrow - HRMA of Southwest Florida, Ft. Myers, Fla.
- Overcoming Homelessness Through Employment Readiness - San Antonio Human Resource Management Association, San Antonio, Texas
- ELITE Youth Program- Heart of Illinois SHRM, Peoria, Illinois
- Workforce Readiness Council - Greenville SHRM, Greenville, South Carolina
- HRMA and TeamWorks Partnership - Human Resources Management Association of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Workforce Readiness - School District Project - Susquehanna Human Resource Management Association, Lewisburg/Sunbury/Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
- 504ward: New Orleans Calling - Human Resources Management Association of Greater New Orleans, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Felony and/or Misdemeanor Friendly Community Career Fair - Mid-Cities Human Resource Association, Grand Prairie, Texas
- New Hampshire Workforce Readiness Toolkit - HR State Council of New Hampshire
- HR Joins the Ranks: Training and Jobs for Our Heroes - Northeast Indiana HR Association
- Investing in our Military and Armed Forces- Michiana Chapter, South Bend, Indiana
- US Military HR Inclusion Plan - South Puget Sound Chapter of SHRM, Tacoma, Washington
- SHRM Support of Veterans, Guard, Reservists and Military Families - Chapters and State Councils
- SHRM-Texas State Council Veteran Employment Initiative Toolkit - SHRM-Texas State Council
- Mission...Career Success! - Garden State Council - SHRM, Inc. (New Jersey)
- Veterans Month Project 2009 - Ohio State SHRM Council
- Transitioning Our Veterans into the Workplace - Greater Miami SHRM, Miami, Florida
- Seamless Transition - Evansville-Area Human Resource Association, Evansville, Indiana
SHAPE Idea Center
- The SHAPE Idea Center is a collection of initiatives as reported by chapters and state councils on their annual year-end reports.
- Enterprising Leadership Book - A compilation of more than 180 innovative initiatives from SHRM's state councils and chapters. The book is in PDF and has an active, hyperlinked table of contents.