Welcome to the Directory of SHRM Chapters, State Councils and Regions
SHRM Chapters: More than 575 affiliated SHRM chapters offer local activities. The purpose of chapters is to provide a local forum for your personal and professional development; provide an opportunity to develop your leadership, managerial, public speaking and group decision-making skills; provide a local networking arena; and to provide a focus for legislative attention to local, state, and national human resource management issues. Membership in an SHRM local chapter is separate and apart from membership in SHRM. We encourage you to become a member of both! Read more about chapter membership.
SHRM's State Councils provide HR professionals with programs, published materials, conferences and more. They also serve as "entry points" for HR professionals new to a particular state or for those in an area not covered by a local chapter.
SHRM Regions: SHRM-affiliated chapters and state councils are divided geographically into five regions. Each of the regions has a council composed of the state council directors in each of the five regions. Regional councils are an integral part of the Society. Regional Councils provide opportunities for best practice sharing among and between the council members. In addition, regional councils:
- Provide channels of communication on human resource management issues.
- Encourage connections with business leaders and the general business community to advance the profession.
- Play a key role in identifying and communicating emerging strategic issues.
- Provide input to the SHRM Board of Directors.
- Facilitate the achievement of SHRM's seven strategic objectives by providing state councils and chapters with guidance and assistance.
Locate a Chapter in Your Area
Locate Your State Council
Locate SHRM's Regional Team for Your Area
International SHRM Member Forums
Membership Advisory Council