As we approach the fiscal cliff in January 2013, employers have more questions than answers about the future economic direction of the country. Fiscal issues, including tax and benefits reform, will be only more prominent in the new year. In addition, Obama’s second term ensures that federal labor and employment agencies will be very active during the next four years.
Learn everything you need to know about how Washington legislation and regulation will affect your organization and your employees by attending SHRM’s highest attendees-satisfaction paid conference—the 2013 SHRM Employment Law & Legislative Conference! The conference will be held on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C. on March 10-13, 2013.
The 2013 conference will help you PREPARE for what’s ahead, MANAGE your organization’s risks, and STAY compliant. This year’s conference will address a wide array of issue questions, including:
- What are the latest compliance pitfalls related to ERISA, COBRA and HIPAA?
- Will there be new restrictions on employer background checks?
- How will state and federal proposals affect employee use of social media?
- What will the NLRB do next?
- How will the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act regulations affect you and your organization?
To view the speaker lineup and to learn more about the concurrent sessions scheduled for the conference, click HERE and be sure to check the navigation bar at the left of the page. We look forward to seeing you in Washington in March!