SHRM’s efforts to educate HR professionals and employers about workplace flexibility through the When Work Works initiative are continuing in 2012 target states and beyond.
To date, When Work Works programs are scheduled for the following target states:
- March 21 - HR Tampa, Tampa, FL
- March 23 - Alaska SHRM State Council, Virtual Webinar
- April 18 - Valley of the Sun Human Resource Association, Phoenix, AZ
- May 18 - Cal-SHRM Legislative Conference, Sacramento, CA
- Sept. 14 - Idaho State Council Conference, Boise, ID
- Oct. 11 - MISHRM State Conference, Novi, MI
- Oct. 19 - North Dakota State Leadership Conference, TBD
Programming opportunities are yet to be identified in the remainder of the 2012 target states, including New York, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Maine, Nevada, West Virginia, and New Hampshire. Please contact Lisa Horn, co-leader of SHRM’s Workplace Flexibility Initiative, for more information about potential programs in your state at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW!! SHRM and the Families and Work Institute have developed a new When Work Works Toolkit to help State Councils and Chapters implement this important initiative and build support for workplace flexibility in their state or community. This is a great resource for volunteer leaders so be sure to download a copy of it today!
Reminder: Organizations across the country are invited to apply for a 2012 Sloan Award for Excellence in Workplace Effectiveness and Flexibility. Applications are being accepted now through April 16, 2012. Click HERE for more information.