In partnership with the respected media outlet National Journal, SHRM co-sponsored a series of discussions about the State of the Union address with key legislators and journalists. To view archived video of the Wednesday morning event, please click HERE.
Members of Congress participating in the dialogue included:
- Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL), Assistant Majority Leader, bottom right
- Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-TN)
- Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC), pictured below
- Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN)
- Rep. Jeb Hensarling (R-TX), the Republican Conference chairman.
Ron Brownstein, political director for the National Journal, moderated the roundtable discussions with Josh Green, political correspondent, The Atlantic; Major Garrett, congressional correspondent, National Journal; and Karen Tumulty, national political correspondent, The Washington Post.
Before the President’s address on Tuesday night, SHRM helped host a reception to welcome new and returning Members of the 112th Congress. SHRM Interim-President & CEO Hank Jackson (bottom left), is pictured with newly-elected Congressman Alan West (R-FL).