Introduction to Code of Ethics
More than 260,000 SHRM members around the globe look to the Society for their vision and their values. In this role, SHRM assumes a responsibility to serve its members and the public with integrity. To fulfill this responsibility, SHRM is committed to conducting all operations in accordance with the SHRM code of ethics.
Our Bylaws are the Society’s Operating Manual. They define:
- Composition of the Board of Directors and how it will function;
- Roles and duties of directors and officers;
- Rules and procedures for holding meetings, electing directors, and appointing officers;
- Conflict of interest policies and procedures; and
- Other essential association governance matters.
Read SHRM's Bylaws